[pgrouting-users] pgRounting with PostGIS 2.0
woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Apr 9 06:56:29 PDT 2013
The sew-devel-2_0 branch is what I'm currently working on. I do not have
a release date because it depends on how much we decide to integrate
into this branch and how much funding we can raise to support this effort.
My general development goals is to try an make sure that at the end of
each day (UTC-0500) that the branch is stable and compiles and builds on
Linux and Windows.
* works with PostGIS 2.0
* has had the source tree restructured to better support multiple devs
* has TRSP merged into the tree
* has had TSP solver replaced to remove GAUL dependency
* has a new doc system integrated into the source tree
* has a new test infrastructure integrated into the source tree
* has some tests have been added to the source tree
* has some bugs fixed
* has some new graph analytic tools for detecting graph connectivity issues
* installs as a postgresql extension on PG9.1+
* has probably a few other things that I'm not remembering.
Things that will change over time in this branch:
* all functions will get a pgr_ prefix
* all functions will get reviewed and probably restructured to be more
consistent and allow users to easily switch between function
* more algorithms from pull requests and GSoC projects will get pulled
into the main respository
* rewrite driving distance to drop CGAL and use postgis functions
Look at this to get an idea:
You can see a lot has been done and there is a lot more to do. A lot of
the infrastructure work has been tackled and some of the low hanging
fruit has been picked. Any offers for funding would be greatly
appreciated and could help accelerate and/or prioritize features.
This is currently stable and fairly close to the 1.0.5 functionality so
if you are inclined to give it a try we would love to here about on what
works and doesn't, etc.
On 4/9/2013 9:22 AM, Luís de Sousa wrote:
> Hi Daniel, thanks for the update.
> I know this is a tricky question, but is there any expected date for
> this new release?
> Thank you,
> On 9 April 2013 13:05, Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de
> <mailto:daniel at georepublic.de>> wrote:
> A new release is currently worked on.
> There is lots of discussion on the developer list and if you want to
> try out, you could checkout from Github repository and compile using
> the following branch:
> Pgrouting-users mailing list
> Pgrouting-users at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the Pgrouting-users