[pgrouting-users] pgrouting 2.0 dependency problems

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Jul 7 18:27:35 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install pgrouting 2.0 from the pgrouting-unstable PPA
> (postgresql-9.1-pgrouting 2.0.0-beta-ppa12), which depends on the package
> postgresql-9.1-postgis.
>
> However, postgresql-9.1-postgis package has a dependency on libgdal1 (gdal
> 1.9.x), which was replaced by libgdal1h (gdal 1.10.x). In
> ubuntugis-unstable PPA is now available the postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.0
> (2.0.3-2~precise1) package, which uses a dependency on libgdal1h.
>
> Is there any way to install pgrouting 2.0, using
> postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.0 as dependency?

Are you using also the UbuntuGIS PPA?
I don't know details, but I read in some other mailing list (Live DVD)
about issues with the recently published PostGIS package.
I hope they will solve this issue soon, but changing package names is not
really a good idea, I think.

So right now I have no solution for this except updating the pgRouting
package.
Though I don't want to this all the time UbuntuGIS changes the names of
their packages ;-)
 I can't tell the day I will have a time to update the packages, so you may
want to compile pgRouting for now.

Daniel

> Thank you very much!
>

> Best regards,