[pgrouting-users] pgr_apspjohnson algorithm

Helder Alves helderalvespt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:16:53 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Regarding pgr_apspjohnson, I came to the conclusion that SQL query passed
into pgr_apspjohnson must already return a shortest path distance matrix
including all the stop points we want to optimize. Am I getting it right?

What I'm about to try now is to unnest the distance matrix generated for
pgr_TSP to feed pgr_apspjohnson...

Problem was that from all my previous reading I thought that at some point
APSP Johnson would itself generate the routing graphs, what seems not to be
the case, if my understanding from the source code is right... Meaning APSP
Johnson only takes care of the total route minimum cost (permutations)
avoiding the problem of TSP with negative costs.

Please let me know if I made foolish assumptions! :-)

--
Helder Alves