[pgrouting-users] pgr_alphaShape, pgr_pointsAsPolygon, pgr_drivingDistance

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Sep 1 02:45:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM, <dave.potts at pinan.co.uk> wrote:

> Perhaps a silly question
>
> Are pgr_alphaShape and  pgr_pointsAsPolygon desgined to work on the return
> dataset from  pgr_drivingDistance to create a polygon representation of
> the results ?
>
> It just that I saw the comment 'This function should not be used directly'
> on  pgr_alphaShape and got some what confused.

Hi Dave,

Nobody prevents you from using pgr_pointsAsPolygon,
pgr_alphaShape and pgr_drivingDistance independently.  I do this, too.
Probably we don't need to the "Comment" in the documentation. I think it's
there for ages and nobody ever questioned why it's there.

Regards,

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.info