[Portugal] Cartography 2.0.org: Interactive and Animated Maps

Hugo hfpmartins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:41:53 EST 2009

  Sent to you by Hugo via Google Reader: Cartography 2.0.org:
Interactive and Animated Maps via Slashgeo by Satri on 11/9/09
Via email I got news about the Cartography 2.0 website, "Your guide to
animated and interactive maps". The intro: "Cartography 2.0 is a free
online knowledge base and e-textbook for students and professionals
interested in interactive and animated maps. I (Mark) pitched the idea
to my co-authors because I knew that, as teachers, we were all
frustrated with the inability of traditional textbooks to keep pace
with Web technologies. Nor could we find any comprehensive online
resources that provided the same breadth and depth we’ve come to expect
from a professionally produced textbook. The kind of knowledge that is
needed to make dynamic maps spans many (traditionally separate) fields,
and we set out to answer a basic question we’ve been asked many times:
What’s the important stuff I need to know about making great
on-demand/interactive maps?" You can probably take a look at our
education topic too.
Read more of this story at Slashgeo.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo using Google Reader
favorite sites