[postgis-devel] GiST estimate and index_extent()

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 02:34:38 PST 2005

Hi strk,

If you really feel that RC1 should come out now then I guess we should wait
until PostGIS 1.1 as there is no point putting in such a large change after
going to RC. I appreciate that it is not a simple change to do (it may take
a couple of days), but I really think it will help debug and problems that
may occur with the statistics and help simplify the code at the same time.

It would be have been nice to include this in 1.0 since as it is so
different to 0.9, I think users would be more tolerant to this type of
change than they would if, say going from 0.8 to 0.9, or 1.0 to 1.1 - but I
respect that the final decision rests with you and Paul.

(BTW this was the only outstanding issue on my TODO list - I guess everyone
else's TODO list is now empty?)

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd