[postgis-devel] Win32 crashes with PostGIS 1.1.4 / PostgreSQL 8.2 -- solved

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Oct 13 03:46:30 PDT 2006

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net wrote:

>>> Is the procedure described in HOWTO_RELEASE incomplete ?
>> Well, at least it seems inaccurate. It talks about REL_*_VERSION,
>> whereas the Version.config file currently contains SO_*_VERSION and
>> JDBC_*_VERSION, and used to contain script versions AFAIR.
>
> Refraction's SVN is currently having problem so I can't fix that.

I noticed that I get long execution times, or timeouts rather often, too.

> Anyway, do you feel like adding JDBC versioning info too ?

What do you think about the attached formulation for HOWTO_RELEASE?

Btw, AFAICS the loader/dumper currently don't include that version info
altogether, they only contain the SVN version. Should we add a UTIL_* here?

It might make sense to change Version.config to contain only the
REL_*_VERSION variables, and use them everywhere. There's a low risk
that we'll have users upgrade more parts then necessary, e. G. if the
loader and the jdbc don't change in a minor release. But as we won't
have independent releases of those subprojects, we confuse users even
more when we release a PostGIS 1.1.9 that contains a jdbc_1.1.8.jar and
a shp2gpsql version 4711.

But, IMHO, this is to be fixed after getting 1.1.4 out, the users are
waiting for the fixes. :-)

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org