[postgis-devel] Issue 34 in postgis: .prj creation by pgsql2shp

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Dec 11 08:31:39 PST 2008

Comment #16 on issue 34 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: .prj creation by
pgsql2shp
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=34

Mark,

I changed the logic to use PQescapeStringConn insteaad and increased
malloc.  I'm
using (char *) malloc(2 * strlen(schema) + 1);  syntax instead of
esc_schema =
malloc(2 * strlen(schema) + 1);

I assume both are just different ways of saying the same thing.  I stuck
with that
since the rest of the code here uses the (char *) and I figure the less
people need
to think about the better or we could change all the code to the shorter
syntax.

Also finally got to test this in ArcGIS in 9.3 and it works beautifully.

I tested with

pgsql2shp testdb "SELECT name, ST_Transform(the_geom,4269) as newgeom FROM
neighborhoods"  -f neilonlat

and
also a
pgsql2shp testdb dnd.rems_survey -f survey

One in long lat and the other in MA state plane feet and when I overlaid
them in
ArcGIS they reprojected to the first layer I laid on so lined up nicely.

It would be nice to include this in 1.3.5 now that I'm thinking about it
and that we
will have a 1.3.5anyway.  Would anyone have issues if I back-ported to
1.3.5, or do
we not consider this a minor enhancement?