[postgis-devel] Regression failure in 1.4.0SVN and 8.4beta1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 03:03:08 PDT 2009

Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> FYI, I was doing some automated regression testing and discovered that
> trunk doesn't pass the regression tests on 8.4
>
> http://office.refractions.net:1500/job/PostGIS-trunk-regress84/ws/results.log/*view*/
>
> http://office.refractions.net:1500/job/PostGIS-trunk-regress84/19/
>
> -- Kevin

Yuck - that's a complete pain. The short-term fix would be to alter the
massive set of pipes to remove lines beginning with LINE followed by the
extra CR/LF.

The long term fix is, of course, to move the majority of the testing
framework over to CUnit. With the advent of liblwgeom, we can test 95%+
of the functions without having to deal with different outputs from
PostgreSQL.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS