[postgis-devel] Issue 121 in postgis: update tiger_geocoder to run in PostgreSQL 8.3 (patch attached)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 9 23:40:16 PDT 2009

Comment #5 on issue 121 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: update tiger_geocoder
to run in PostgreSQL 8.3 (patch attached)
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=121

CD -- yes this does look better.  Regarding Mark's comment, the only
redundancy I see
is the below.  That change you made seems unnecessary.

geocode_address_zip.sql -- line 15 don't think is necessary since your
tempInt is
already an integer

ideally I would have rather changed the lookup tables to match the datatype
of the
census tables, but maybe we can consider that for a second pass.  I think
this is
better than what we have already so maybe we can accept and revisit later.

Am I correct in saying this uses the old proprietary tiger format and
doesn't use the
new census 2007/2008 shapefile structure, or is the documentation just out
of date?
Looking at the table structurs loooks like the old format. In which case
this needs a
lot of rework anyway.