[postgis-devel] Geom/Geog Hack Plan

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Nov 3 03:06:44 PST 2009

Just a question for my understanding.
What's the argument against a special prefix in function-name for those functions.
If the argument is that we then can implement the "real" function in a micro-release, I don't think it is a good argument.
Exchanging the hacked version with the real will cause a changed behavior of the function and is probably not what users expect from a micro-release, from the policy not to change functionality in micro-releases.

/Nicklas

Paul and Kevin,