[postgis-devel] Tickets

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Nov 11 15:26:51 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> For WKT Raster, I've recently started submitting tasks from our roadmap
> as tickets on Trac, as preparation for development works, because:
> - tickets can be assigned, then it's clear who does what
> - tickets draw a timeline of development, past and future
> - tickets archive discussion on particular topic on single page,
>  it's easier to keep it focused, so clear to reader and maintainer
> - tickets directly link to events in source tree
> Does the sanity thing mean we should stop using Trac for the purposes
> described above?

No, because you are creating tickets that are going to be assigned,
completed and closed. These are "wouldn't it be nice if..." tickets.

I think having a FUTURE milestone might help. I want to be able to
take a numbered milestone and *close* all the tickets and then
release. Instead I have to re-negotiate the same set of tickets that
are of low priority each and every time and push them forward and
forward and forward. I'd rather have people argue for putting
particular tickets *into* a milestone than have to argue about moving
tickets *out*.

P.