[postgis-devel] PostGIS beta1 is out but..... Stay tuned for beta2

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat May 11 18:25:53 PDT 2013

Some folks may have noticed that I already tagged a beta1.  In the process
of packaging, I discovered a problem which will necessitate a beta2 release
soon.  So hold off until I have that ready.

It appears that liblwgeom has an unhealthy relationship with geos which is
causing our documentation wkt image generator to not able to compile and
thus not rebuld autogenerated images.  On top of that I discovered my built
packages for shp2pgsql-gui and I believe shp2pgsql/pgsql2shp now have a
dependency on GEOs
Which while not absolutely horrible, is not ideal either.

Thanks,
Regina
http://postgis.net