[postgis-devel] Regarding Sp-gist implementation in postgis]

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jul 28 03:27:40 PDT 2014

[re-sent to the list, please keep the discussion here]

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 08:35:08AM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> Thanks Brian for the help but the issue is still coming :
>
> mohit at mohit-Inspiron-1545:~/builds/source/postgis$  echo "create index on
> points using gist(point(g));" | valgrind --leak-check=yes
> --log-file=valgrindlog /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres --single postgis -D
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/
> FATAL:  configuration file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf" contains
> errors
>
> I restarted the postgresql several times and there is no problem coming in
> that. The uncommented lines in the configuration
> file(/usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf) are pasted at
> http://pastebin.com/eaX383cw. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

The paths for "hba_file" and "ident_file" and "data_directory" all seem
to be relative, so would resolve based on where you are when you start
postgres. As you're starting it from ~/builds/source/postgis, I dubt
you have ~/builds/source/postgis/ConfigDir, which would explain the error.