[postgis-devel] Implement New Geometry Index Method?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed May 21 02:52:46 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 09:23:02PM +1200, Jeremy Palmer wrote:

> > I agree it would be good to havea "gridding" function in PostGIS, but I don't really see it as being part of "indexing".
> > Gridding produces better indexes but also augment the number of  records so it takes some user design to decide how to layout the data.
>
> Could the user design parameters not be part of the index creation storage parameters?

Only if the idea is not to change the table structure.
I mean, do you still want to retain large geometries in each record ?
Would you then have multiple index items all pointing to a single record ?

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt