[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.2.0 bundle for PostgreSQL 9.4 and 9.3 64-bit

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Oct 11 16:29:19 PDT 2015

Dear pgRouting and PostGIS users on Windows PostgreSQL 9.3/9.4 64-bit,

PostGIS 2.2.0 Window bundle is now on Stackbuilder (also in
http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/ ) (and on Winnie bot -
http://postgis.net/windows_downloads )

I'm still working on 32-bit (9.3-9.5 installers) and 64-bit (9.5beta1
installer)

Although we are not building installers for PostgreSQL 9.2, the binaries for
most everything (except ogrfdw) will be available on windows buildbot.

PostGIS 2.2.0 Windows Bundle is a special release because it has many new
goodies

It is the inaugural release for the following extensions:

My favorite:
Ogr_fdw which I have blogged about endlessly (Paul, you may want to hide now
before my excitement becomes infectious :) ) --
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/plugin/tag/ogr_fdw

postgis_sfcgal -
http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.2/reference.html#reference_sfcgal
pgpointcloud https://github.com/pgpointcloud/pointcloud

osm2pgroutng 2.1.0 beta https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting

In addition to these new features, there are pgRouting and PostGIS upgrades:

pgRouting 2.1.0 - http://docs.pgrouting.org/2.1/doc/  (news release -
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2015-September/002148.html
)

PostGIS 2.2.0 (already detailed in news
http://postgis.net/2015/10/07/postgis-2.2.0 )

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.2/

So please test and report any issues.  We are hoping to have a PostGIS 2.2.1
release in the coming weeks to fix some postgis_topology regressions, and
also hopefully get in some SFCGAL fixes for ST_StraightSkeleton

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us
http://postgis.net