[postgis-devel] TPI with custom focal mean radius

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jul 5 03:31:22 PDT 2018

Luis,

Unfortunately we are at feature freeze for PostGIS 2.5.0, so this can't go
into PostGIS 2.5.0 since it would change/add  signatures

We also wouldn't reopen the ticket, but would require a new ticket detailing
the enhancement.

Could go in for next release which is tentatively planned to be 3.0 (at
least a year's away).  We'll be focusing on this at  our upcoming code
sprint in late September

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGISCodeSprint2018

which you are welcome to join if you want to hack on PostGIS stuff.

That said, a couple of changes we'd need for this to accept.

Ideally, this would extend the existing ST_TPI with additional args, so the
following changes would need to be made

1)      A new ticket detailing the enhancement

2)      Change name to ST_TPI

3)      Move the irad, and orad to the end - so that the signature is
backward compatible with the existing ST_TPI signature.

4)      Add regression tests

5)      Amend  https://postgis.net/docs/RT_ST_TRI.html no include new
signature

There's some other stuff about how you upgrade an existing function to
accept new args, but I can take care of that and just explain for future
contributions.

Thanks,

Regina