[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.5.0beta1 is released

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Mon Jul 9 07:34:23 PDT 2018

> I don't bother including the dev upgrade version cause it's an extra thing
> and I figure anybody testing would be
>
> a) testing from the alpha release
> b) would be smart enough to add back the dev if they were testing from say
> 2.5.0beta1dev

Is there a version upgrade that is not allowed to exist? Like, if you was
on it, you've got incompatible database format?

If not, I'd keep the upgrades. Living off trunk I'd like to have
postgis_extensions_upgrade() never failing, not having to create yet
another wrapper that creates a new symlink automatically - they're plain
symlinks after all, right? :)

> We plan to release GEOS 3.7 before PostGIS 2.5.0.  If no more changes or
> issues, 3.7 could be as early as 2-3 weeks from now.

PostGIS 2.5.0 we need to get out before pgsql 11 so that all 11 users who
> want to run with PostGIS 2.5.0 can, so I'm shooting for late August / early
> September

Can we assign dates (even shiftable) so that "to release tomorrow" does not
come as surprise?