[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.3 build not honouring pg_config flags

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Wed Jul 11 02:01:36 PDT 2018

ср, 11 июл. 2018 г. в 11:49, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee at gmail.com>:

> Hi Raúl,
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Raúl Marín Rodríguez <
> rmrodriguez at carto.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pavan,
>>
>> If it's working correctly in svn-trunk my bet is that it was solved by
>> these two patches:
>> - https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/16582
>> - https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/16544
>>
>> Could you give them a try?
>>

> Yes, 16544 does the trick. I did not try the other because the problem I
> am trying to fix is in postgis, but I am sure the other change will be
> required too. What's the project policy? Don't we typically back patch such
> changes to the older branches? Or was it just an oversight?

In first message you said you're building 2.3.1.
There were 56 bugs fixed since that, and current version on 2.3 branch is
2.3.7.
<https://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/tags/2.3.7/NEWS>
https://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/tags/2.3.7/NEWS

The issue you bumped into seemed to bother nobody until Postgres introduced
JIT, that's why the fix was considered a new feature and not backpatched. I
think it's possible to backpatch it and sometime later release as 2.3.8.

Given that you essentially try to build a support for new platform, maybe
it's worth that you upgrade your minimum to 2.5 and we all try to make sure
your issues are resolved there? :)