[postgis-devel] Planning for PostGIS 2.5 release

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Thu May 24 12:39:05 PDT 2018

> 1) Do we want to do PostGIS 2.5 release a little before PostgreSQL 11, or
wait another year to line up with PostgreSQL 12?

I think matching a stable release of Postgis with a stable release of
Postgres (once a year) it's the optimal way to go as you are already
expected to migrate the DB.

I also expect that releasing an alpha now will help us get bug reports
sooner, so I'm all for it.

On Thursday, May 24, 2018, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> I like that idea.  I can release 2.5 alpha1 this weekend or early next.
>

> Everyone okay with that idea?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Regina

*Raúl Marín Rodríguez *carto.com