[postgis-devel] Error creating postgis extension

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Oct 31 11:47:10 PDT 2018

>From this twitter convo:

https://twitter.com/pwramsey/status/1057699360257916930

It looks like the problem is that the installation of
/usr/proj49/lib/libproj.so doesn't remove /usr/libproj.so and as a result
postgis is picking up the version in /usr/ before the new version that has
the symbols we want.

- So, can the proj49 package obsolete the proj package?
- Just out of curiosity, why the change into a specific version-named
package instead of the old name?

P.