[postgis-devel] Bump GDAL and Proj versions for PostGIS 3

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sun Jul 7 14:11:05 PDT 2019

Hi,

We didn't bump GDAL and Proj minimum version for a long time. Proj gained
support for many more projections, and we have ifdefs for GDAL versions
long unmaintained.

I propose:

 - bump minimum GDAL to 2.0, stripping off the last ifdef for it and
jumping to version released in 2015 and not a decade ago.

 - bump minimum Proj version to 5, as recommended by EvenR on IRC, so that
we can use the new proj projections definitions without fear it's not
understood by installed proj. That will also strip a bunch of ifdefs on
geodetics.

We can get rid of even more variability if we require Proj6.

--
Darafei Praliaskouski
Support me: http://patreon.com/komzpa