[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 3.0.0 alpha2 released

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jun 5 05:12:00 PDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 12:47:23PM +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Any idea why the 2nd digit in the so file is dropped?

There's been a long discussion. I was against that drop, FWIW.

> .. which broke my packaging.

Those in favor of dropping that digit mentioned "packaging" as
one of the main reasons to do so.

> any chance to add the second digit back?

Go digit go !
I'll let proponents answer with more detail, to avoid being
too pushy :)

Just a referenc I found with a trac query:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3807

BTW, the referenced thread on mailing list mentions _you_
as the one who would have been happy with this change:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2017-August/026297.html

And yes, it looks like I was in non-vetoing disagreement:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2017-August/026321.html