[postgis-devel] new constrained delauney triangulation

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 12:29:49 PDT 2019

This looks impressive.

I was going to suggest if all that was really needed was polygon
triangulation then perhaps ear-clipping would be faster.  But if this is
already faster...

And yes, ear-clipping can produce very ugly triangulations.  For an
approach to solving that see my blog post from a long time back:
http://lin-ear-th-inking.blogspot.com/2011/04/polygon-triangulation-via-ear-clipping.html

The risk of crashing hard is a bit of a worry though. Any idea if that can
be fixed?

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM Nicklas Avén <nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no>
wrote:

> I hope Martin also gets the chance to take a look. He managed to review my
> homemade faster distance algorithm almost a decade ago. Still glad for that
> review :-)

I'll look forward to reviewing this, and reading through the paper.