[postgis-devel] Recommended GEOS version for PostGIS-3.0.0alpha1 (was: PostGIS 3.0.0alpha1 released)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 27 19:27:59 PDT 2019

If the message is not clear to you, you can reword it.

As the message says to take full advantage of PostGIS you must be running 3.7.0 or higher just as it was since 2.4.
Because you don't get this function:
https://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_FrechetDistance.html

In PostGIS 3, we bumped up the minimum to GEOS 3.6.

This message hasn't changed much since 2.4