[postgis-devel] Enabling wagyu by default

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed May 29 09:19:21 PDT 2019

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 05:44:05PM +0200, Raúl Marín Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to make wagyu the default backend to generate MVT geometries
> for 3.0. I've been using it quite a bit without finding any big issue
> and it provides a big improvement in performance when generating
> polygons with ST_AsMVTGeom.

Could you refresh my memory about what does it mean to be a "backend"
for MVT geometries generation ? The doc page doesn't say much about
it: https://postgis.net/docs/ST_AsMVT.html

BTW, do you happen to have a list of known softwares using the
ST_AsMVT function to generate tiles ? It could be nice to have
similar lists on PostGIS wiki