[postgis-devel] Enabling wagyu by default

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri May 31 14:23:07 PDT 2019

> This means that if libfoo is optional, then the user can pass
> --enable-foo to use it (and fail the build if not present) or
> --disable-foo (to ignore it even if present).  That requires a bit
> more thought, but I think the reduction in un-understood side effects
> is worth it.

> Here, I think you are talking about changing a default (which is not
> objectionable), and there won't be any kind of different outcome based
> on what is installed.

> Yes, that's how it is setup right now (`--with-wagyu` to enable) and the proposal is to change the default.

I had set bessies (the freebsd bots) and Debbie to --with-wagyu and wagyu did not kick in.

For some reason I thought I had Debbie building with protobuf, but that might have been the old Debbie and neglected to do it on the new one.

I noticed even if I set --with-wagyu, it doesn't seem to kick in if I am not building with MVT support.
Now that protobuf requires C++ 11 too (evidentially since 2017 https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/issues/2780 ) probably even less of a reason to be concerned about non-C++11 builders, as those would probably not be building with the protobuf dependencies and by extension never be building with wagyu either.

I'll try to get debbie and bessies building with protobuf and wagyu  later today or this weekend.

Thanks,
Regina