[postgis-devel] Move PostGIS development upstream to git/github.

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 24 03:20:42 PDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 09:52:50PM -1000, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:

> Move PostGIS development to github, and move tickets to github. Keep gitea
> and gitlab as mirrors, same as they currently are.

-1

Too drastic of a change for me.

I know we'll end up using lots of proprietary tools and become
addicted to them, enough that moving off will be so hard that
we'll start considering accepting any compromise to keep those
habits (like rubbing in our mum's house... [as when OSGeo ends
up paying M$ to get more of it] )

PS: the subject of this thread is ill-formed, because:
    1. "git" cannot be seen as an "upstream", being federated by design
    2. Development is _already_ in both git and github