[postgis-devel] GIT repo: svn-trunk renamed to master

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Oct 28 07:22:50 PDT 2019

Thanks strk.

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-devel [mailto:postgis-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Sandro Santilli
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 3:54 AM
To: postgis-devel at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [postgis-devel] GIT repo: svn-trunk renamed to master

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 08:54:22PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> As part of the migration from SVN to GIT I created a "master" branch
> which deprecates the "svn-trunk" branch.
>
> This probably means any open pull request on any mirror ends up being
> based on a now-deleted branch and will need to be re-based. Sorry for
> that (I was convinced by Myon to do this, to share some of the blame
> :)

Update: the rename of svn-trunk to master resulted in GitHub closing all pull requests targetting the now-deleted branch, without any comment as to _why_ those PRs were closed. GitLab and Gitea pull requests remained opened but pointing to a non-existing branch.

I've manually reopened and retargetted the the GitHub PRs and retargetted the GitLab PRs.

Gitea does not support re-targetting via UI (yet, see
https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/pull/6488) so those ones I updated via SQL at the PostgreSQL level (juicy!)