[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.1.0 plans

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Jul 15 02:29:13 PDT 2020

Hi,

I hope I'll have some time to work on Postgis related issues in the
following weeks. By order of likelihood I want to tackle these
changes:
- Change the output of doubles to shortest (also fixing some bugs I
introduced in the last changes in 3.1). It's almost done, I need to
add more tests around the corner cases and see if I can improve
performance a bit.
- Review more cases where partial decompression is possible (similar
to what I did a couple of months ago).
- Research Expanded Object Headers to reduce serialization overhead in
chained function calls.

So for me having a target of mid to late August would work great.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com