[postgis-devel] PostGIS PSC Vote: Release PostGIS 3.3.0 alpha1 this week

Дорофей Пролесковский me at komzpa.net
Sat May 21 08:54:39 PDT 2022

+1 from me. Release early release often!

Request to packagers: please try ./configure --enable-lto flag. It makes
maths stuff faster. Should work on Linux, and trickier than expected to get
it working on *BSD (but you may have more experience there).

We have a couple things in the works in Kontur that would be nice to try to
fit into 3.3.0:
 - non-flipping ST_LineMerge - https://github.com/libgeos/geos/pull/597 in
geos now;
 - parallel ST_Union - we're checking alternative approach and if stars get
aligned it may be generally useful.