[postgis] postgis build fails

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Dec 17 06:48:43 PST 2001

James Reid writes:

>hi ! Im trying to buils postgis 0.6.2 on posgresql-7.2b3 on a
>solaris 8 box with gcc and gmake - postgres is installed and
>working and Ive breated pl/pgsql but when I run a make on
>postgis it complains along the lines of the following:

hmm... Aren't you rushing things a bit :-)

according to
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/c55.html

"PostGIS 0.6 has been built and tested against PostgreSQL 7.1.2.
 ii will probably work with any of the 7.1.x versions.
 It will not work with any version prior to 7.1,
 or with version 7.2 (not yet released at date of writing).
 The next version, PostGIS 0.7, will work with PostgreSQL version 7.2."

Cheers

Norman

Unlimited calling with 3-way conferencing. Only $1/Mo.
with CrystalVoice! FREE trial. Click Here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hb1xVB/HxbDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM