[postgis] About description of usage of C Clients (libpq) in PostGIS Manual

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 26 08:29:48 PDT 2001

Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Do PostGIS developer team plan to implement any PHP functions to handle
> PostGIS geometries?

No, no plans, but then we have no idea what support in PHP would
constitute? I mean, if you select data out of a spatial column into PHP
right now, it will arrive as valid well-known text. That's not bad,
really. It's pretty easy to parse. What are you doing to do with these
geometries once you get them into PHP? If the answer is 'draw a map
using GD' I would suggest you investigate Mapserver which supports a
thing called PHP/Mapscript. PHP/Mapscript makes drawing maps very very
easy and Mapserver supports using PostGIS/PostgreSQL as a data source.
Mapserver is an open source project as well.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM