[postgis] HELP -- Where is the "PGFunction" Defination ???

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Nov 12 18:52:34 PST 2001

Unless Dave has a brilliant answer, I would suggest posing this to the
GENERAL postgresql list. My (uninformed) guess is that the example you are
working with is old enough that it does not compile against the current
version. Such lapses are typical: core code gets tested each release,
examples do not.

On November 12, 2001 01:12 pm, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I get a problem when I want to compile the third libpq Example Program:
> This file is located at \postgresql-7.1.3\src\test\examples\testlibpq3.c
> The header of this file is described as below.
>
>     /*
>       * testlibpq3.c Test the C version of Libpq, the Postgres frontend
>       * library. tests the binary cursor interface
>       */
>     #include <utils/geo_decls.h>
>
>     And in the file of <utils/geo_decls.h>, it includes the file of
> <fmgr.h> #include <fmgr.h>
>

> When I compile this file <testlibpq3.c>, the error report is:
> "\postgresql-7.1.3\src\include\fmgr.h(30) : error C2065: 'PGFunction' :
> undeclared identifier" So I want to find the PGFuncion's defination. I
> found many places using PGFunction. However, I can not find the
> PGFunction's defination.
>
> Can you tell me where the  "PGFunction" type is defined?  Is it a built-in
> type? Thanks a lot.
>

> Best regards,
> Tony
>
> ---
> Tony Jiang, MSc
> Research & Development Programmer/Analyst
> MRF Geosystems Corp (www.mrf.com)
> Suite 700, 665 8th Street SW,
> Calgary, AB T2P 3K7
> (403) 216-5515 ext:226