[postgis] "length2d" function was replaced by "length" function in PostGIS 0.6?

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu Sep 27 10:59:17 PDT 2001

> Hisaji ONO wrote:
>  In the Online Manual of PostGIS 0.6, length2d function still exists
> in
> "Other Functions" section, no description about length function in
> "Chapter 5." But postgis.sql of PostGIS 0.6 doesn't define
> length2d(returned value type Float4), length is defined(returned value
> type Float8).
>
>  Which function does PostGIS really support? And length function is
> similar to length funcion in OpenGIS Simple Features Specification For
> SQL. This function's description should be in Chapter 5's "OpenGIS
> Functions" section?

length() gives a 2d length - just like the OGC spec.
length3d() gives a 3d length

There is no longer a function called length2d() - if you call it, you'll
get an error.

Its a documentation error - I thought we fixed that when 0.5 was
released.

dave

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM