[postgis-users] CVS with PG 7.2?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 4 07:03:30 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 02:44:34PM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> We can do an expedited 7.2 version for $2500CA ASAP. (For currency
> conversion see http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/m3?u ) That will get 7.2
> functionality into the CVS version. We can do a full release at the same
> time for an additional $1200CA.
>
> For those with more patience than funds, we'll probably get to 7.2
> compliant indexing and a full release at a more leisurely pace within
> 6-8 weeks.
>
> If we do a 'donations' project, someone from the user community should
> act as a 'client' (Rod perhaps?) to sign off on the work when it is
> deemed complete. The same person should probably also act as the
> clearinghouse to know who has committed funds, and direct them to
> release their funds when delivery is made. That way we do not end up
> managing both sides of the transaction.

I'm willing to act as a coordinator.
This includes that we record the people that are willing to put up funds.
(It will still be a transaction between each party and Refractions for
bookkeeping purposes.)

Intevation also can test briefly and confirm that the goal has been reached.

For the PostGIS functionality for postgresql 7.2.1(!) to be in postgis cvs:
	we got about 1000 out of 2500 Candandian Dollars already committed.
	(~600 Intevation, ~400 Rod Anderson)

Anyone else interested?

If you do not want to commit in public,
feel free to contact me personally.

Note that is only is useful if you contribute a significant amount.
We need to keep the fraction of transaction costs low.

	Bernhard