[postgis-users] Geotools, Geoserver and PostGIS integration

Cameron Shorter cshorter at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 24 15:16:56 PDT 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 23:43, you wrote:
> I've posted this message to all three lists, appologies for cross posting.
> I'm currently investigating various options for developing a web based
> mapping system, and geotools, geoserver and postgis seem to have
> the greatest scope for intergration. I would like to ask the groups'
> opinion of using them in an integrated way for a web based mapping
> system.

I have a similar need, and have outlined my thoughts on how to solve it at
http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net .

If you want to get involved in development, I suggest joining the
geotools-devel email list and/or weekly IRC sessions.  This seems to be the
current focus point of open source java gis development at the moment.