[postgis] ERROR: geometry_columns: Permission denied

mtondorf2002 m.tondorf at online.de
Tue Jan 15 00:39:47 PST 2002

I get this error every time I try to use SELECT AddGeometryTable.

- I am logged in to the system as "markus"
- psql -U postgres
   CREATE USER markus WITH PASSWORD 'abc' CREATEDB;
- createdb markusgeom
- psql -U postgres -d markusgeom -f postgis.sql
- psql -d markusgeom -f radwege.sql
   radwege.sql is created by the shapefile-coverter
  select DropGeometryColumn('markusgeom','testdaten3','the_geom');
  drop table testdaten3;
  create table testdaten3 (gid int4 , ID int4, INDEX varchar,
   RAD_NAM3 varchar, RAD_NAM2 varchar, RAD_NAM1 varchar,
   KLASSE varchar, VERKEHR float8, STEIGUNG float8, BESCHREI varchar);
  select AddGeometryColumn(
   'markusgeom','testdaten3','the_geom','-1','MULTILINESTRING',2);

Wich permissions do I have to change? GRANT to ???

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Secure all your Web servers now - with a proven 5-part
strategy. The FREE Server Security Guide shows you how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/uCuuSA/VdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM