[postgis-users] Problems with PostGIS and Proj4 on Cygwin

Armin Burger armin.burger at libero.it
Wed Jun 5 01:22:26 PDT 2002

Dave,

I used Postgres 7.2.1/PostGIS 0.7.1 and Proj4.4.5. I tried to reproject
an Italian projection system (it is similar to UTM).

I had to modify a bit the makefile for Proj4 in order to continue the
'make install' procedure, but then it seemed to work. Maybe the
compilation/installation was not complete, anyway. I don't if that
matters, but I could not compile the dynamic libraries for Proj4, only
the static ones were produced. But PostGIS compiled with the USE_PROJ=1
option without complaining.

I will also try to test the cygwin version of Norman Vine.

Armin

>> Any ideas what could cause the problems on Cygwin? Problems with the
Proj