[postgis-users] Running postgis off a CD?

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Jun 6 09:08:18 PDT 2002

This is great stuff Nicolas, thanks a lot.

>WRT to the subject line, I assume the reference is for ms not for
>posgres to run off a cd???

No, actually, I was thinking of postgres here :)  I'd love to demo it by
running it (as much as possible) off a CD.  So I can take it to other
people's offices and show it off!

                      Nicolas Boretos
                      <nicolasb at maich.gr>                     To:       postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
                      Sent by:                                cc:
                      postgis-users-admin at postgis.refr        Fax to:
                      actions.net                             Subject:  Re: [postgis-users] Running postgis off a CD?

                      06/06/2002 07:26 AM
                      Please respond to postgis-users

Hi,

I have updated the site and now there are three archives, and one is
complete with the itasca demo. I have tested this on cd also.
This archive is tms_itasca.zip (the url describes this stuff)

This archive, as well as tms.zip is built from the latest 3.6 win
binaries, the ones that include postgres, wms, gdal etc...

My cd is on d:\. It is easy to change the c:\virtual.cfg file if your
cdrom is another drive. The mapserver.rc file contains server conf stuff
such as port, etc....

Anyway, it would be easy to set this up completely graphically, e.g
ask for the cdrom drive, what port you want etc... but I feel it is
already easy enough, and it seems that there was not much interest from
the ms list....

Note edit your itasca files to point to the correct paths (basic
mapserver stuff....

WRT to the subject line, I assume the reference is for ms not for
posgres to run off a cd???

Anyway, let me know..

nicolas

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

Hi Nicolas, I wasn't sure if you got my last email, but I had mentioned
that the "mapserver archive" link on http://zpro.maich.gr:20000/ro_demo/