[postgis-users] Adding Topology Operators to PostGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue May 7 09:47:48 PDT 2002

PostGIS'ers,
I am pleased to report that the BC Advanced Systems Institute (ASI),
Vivid Solutions, and Refractions Research are joint funding a project to
have the University of Victoria Software Engineering Group port the JTS
(Java Topology Suite) operators from Java to C++, and to integrate those
operators into the PostGIS spatial database! We received our ASI funding
approval last week, and have signed the requisite documents. Refractions
and Vivid are each contributing equally, and ASI is providing matching
funds.

The project will be starting within the next week, research associates
have been assigned, and the project mailing list will be
[postgis-devel].

I realize it has been a long wait, so everybody cross your fingers and
hope things go quickly and smoothly!
Paul