[postgis-users] Re:pgsql2shp

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Fri Sep 13 09:24:17 PDT 2002

The command 'psql -d db' DOES NOT use TCP/IP sockets to connect to the db, it uses unix sockets (by default). Whereas, pgsql2shp DOES use TCP/IP sockets. Therefore, the advice that David Garnier gave you, still stands. Check your config, or start your database with the -i flag to allow tcp connections.

Chris