[postgis-users] Re:pgsql2shp

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Sep 16 08:40:33 PDT 2002

You can add "-o -i" to add the same option using pg_ctl.  Since me startup
script uses pg_ctl this was the only solution for me :)

Tyler

                      Guido Staub
                      <staub at gik.uni-karlsruhe.de>            To:       postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
                      Sent by:                                cc:
                      postgis-users-admin at postgis.refr        Fax to:
                      actions.net                             Subject:  Re: [postgis-users] Re:pgsql2shp

                      09/16/2002 01:40 AM
                      Please respond to postgis-users

OK, I've got it. My problem was that I've started the postmaster with the
pg_ctl script but here I couldn't set the -i flag. So now I'm starting the
postmaster with the postmaster file and here it works fine.
Thanks to all.
Guido

Chris Hodgson schrieb:
      The command 'psql -d db' DOES NOT use TCP/IP sockets to connect to
      the db, it uses unix sockets (by default). Whereas, pgsql2shp DOES
      use TCP/IP sockets. Therefore, the advice that David Garnier gave
      you, still stands. Check your config, or start your database with the
      -i flag to allow tcp connections. Chris