[postgis-users] new GEOS goodies in PostGIS CVS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Aug 1 22:04:34 PDT 2003

I just checked out DB2, all their spatial functions are prefixed with
ST_.
ST_Union(), ST_Difference(), ST_Relate().
Sucks to have followed the namespace this far and to have to have a
misnamed function at the end.  Apparently the SFSQL people weren't
watching the SQL spec too closely when naming the functions.
P.

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 06:32 PM, Wood Brent wrote:
>> "Union" is an SQL reserved word, so I used "GeomUnion" - anyone have a
>> better name?
>
> merge or combine? (Join is also appropriate but can be misconstrued in
> relatiional environment)

      Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net