[postgis-users] itemnquery limitation

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Fri Aug 8 10:00:02 PDT 2003

Funny thing...my experience with the current data is the exact opposite. I have 1.6 million entries in the database. The quad-tree index on the shapefile actually slows it down, even after i played with the depth. The fastest i got to display an image was 9 seconds with a index of depth 1. Without the index I display at 8.5 seconds. With the postgis layer I display images at 3 - 3.5 sec. BIG difference heh?

Some more info. My query url is: http://10.0.50.30/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=nquery&map=/mapfiles/idc-query.map&imgext=-98.86893+27.99863+-98.76535+28.10418&mapsize=524+534&imgbox=203+244+438+408

The records come back real fast. It hangs for some reason at the end. I did some playing around and if the box has less then 35 it comes back just fine. If more then i get an Error:java.io.IOException: Premature EOF when reading the url in JAVA, and through IE it just sits and rotates. Seems like it is always the last record that it has trouble closing or something.

How can I display the select statement in my browser?

Help..
Zamil