[postgis-users] Help please

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 12 15:52:28 PDT 2003

Zamil Murji wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm making some changes to the mapserver code (mappostgis.c). Funny thing, as I add print statements and recompile I get fewer and fewer records returned from my nquery command. I used to get 41 records returned before it hangs and now I get 5. I haven't changed anything to the mapserver code directly. What could this possibly be related too? Memory errors?

Sounds very much like a memory issue and you could run after it for days
like this.  If you're on Linux then you could install Valgrind
(http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/) and run your request in Valgrind at
the command-line.  You'll be amazed by this tool, it should point you in
the right direction in a few minutes.  If you're on Windows then you
could try Purify from http://www.rational.com/

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca