[postgis-users] itemnquery limitation

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Wed Aug 13 12:28:14 PDT 2003

Tom Melhuish wrote:
> Can you provide me some instruction on turning on the debugger you are
> referring to. I have no problem running the debugger.

1. recompile mapserver with debug (either ./configure with
--enable-debug or change you Makefile so CFLAGS has "-g" in it.

2. run your program like this:
	a. from your command line: gdb <mapserv executable>
	b. from inside gdb: set args <your big "QUERY_STRING=..." argument>
	c. run the program using gdb's "r" command. (type in "r" then enter)
	d. wait a little while until its "stuck"
	e. hit control-C
	f. use gdb's "where" command.

	g. continue the program with the "c" command
	h. wait a little while
	i. hit control-C
	f. use gdb's "where" command

The "where" command will give you the current call stack in the program
and, hence, where's it stuck.

dave