AW: AW: AW: [postgis-users] Install problems postgis.0.8 with geo s

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Tue Aug 26 00:46:21 PDT 2003

Dave

My system

OS: tru64
gcc: 3.0.4
gmake: 3.79.1
postgres: 7.2.4 compiled with LDFLAGS=-lstdc++
proj4: not installed
postgis-cvs: 20030825 without proj4
geos: 20030825
autoconf: 2.57

Data: swiss coordinate system (orthogonal)

I hope thats all you need about my system.

Try the following SQL query. At my system it produces the error message
select geomunion(test1.wkb_geometry, test2.wkb_geometry) from test1, test2;

I've attached two example dumps which doesn't work at my system.

Düster Horst wrote:
> Dave
>
> No it seems that this is not the problem. All geos functions crashed and
> responsed with the error message
>
> ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
> exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
>
> All other PostGIS functions work fine!

I need more information - what system are you using?

I've never got this error before (geos work fine for me) - perhaps there
is something wrong with your installation?

But you havent given me enough information to start tracking down the
problem...

dave