[postgis-users] shp2psql problem

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 27 14:53:45 PDT 2003

shp2pgsql will help you to create a text file with all the commands in it.
That's probably what you saw it doing.
You can do two things now:
1) Create a text file by appending all that text into a new file by adding
" > outputfile.sql " to the end of the shp2pgsql command.  Then you'll have
to load that sql file in via "psql".  (i.e. psql -f outputfile.sql -d
mydatabasename)
2) Or, by pass creating the text file and pipe all that text directly into
psql. (i.e. shp2pgsql ...... | psql -d mydatabasename ).

Hope that helps.  It'd be nice if shp2pgsql had two options - 1) spit out
to terminal 2) pump it through psql.

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 08/27/2003 02:48:20
PM: