[postgis-users] make on Mac OS 10.2.8

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri Dec 5 09:43:46 PST 2003

On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 09:50  AM, David Orme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just tried installing the CVS snapshot:
>
> sudo curl -O http://postgis.refractions.net/postgis-cvs.tar.gz
> sudo tar -zxvf postgis-cvs.tar.gz
> make
>
> and I get the same output from make as before. I wondered briefly it
> it is a permissions problem but 'sudo make' is no better.
>
> David

David,

I downloaded postgis-0.8.0 and it made with only two warnings:

bash-2.05a$ make
gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -g -fexceptions   -I. -DFRONTEND
-DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"'  -DUSE_VERSION=73
-I/usr/local/include/geos -DUSE_GEOS -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_PROJ
-DUSE_STATS  -I../../src/include   -c -o postgis_debug.o postgis_debug.c
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory
postgis_debug.c: In function `lockcheck':
postgis_debug.c:310: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

I don't know what is causing your error and I cannot reproduce the
error.
FWIW here's the version of my gcc:

bash-2.05a$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.1/specs
Thread model: posix
Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1161, based on gcc version 3.1
20020420 (prerelease)

You have the latest Apple Developer stuff?

Sean

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com